Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Lily and the music box

Lily likes brief tummy time with my childhood music box turning around. Her eye contact is improving and she's looking for Mommy when she hears my voice. She focuses in on things more often now.

Tonight Lily was fussy and seemed hungry though I was out of milk. I warmed up 1 ounce of breastmilk from the refrigerator, and she eagerly enjoyed every last drop from the bottle. It was a noisy feeding because she couldn't get her mouth sealed well around the bottle nipple. In fact, she really wanted more, but I decided that ought to be enough to tide her over until the next feeding.

Lily is a growing girl. She gained 10 ounces in the past 8 days! Today at her 2 weeks old doctor visit she weighed 7 lbs 8 1/2 ounces. I guess I am doing my job well. I accidentally left the doctor's office without waiting for the nurse to come in to do a PKU heel prick blood test. We had to go back later for that. Lily really only cried a little bit, seemingly more in annoyance for interrupting her nap than any pain.

Camille is in Kingwood this week until Thanksgiving with Carol and Jamey. It's quiet around here without her. It's a nice break, but I'll be glad to have her back.--Stephanie

No comments: