Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin carving

Here is the Smith family pumpkin. I thought it would be fun to try carving a pattern this year. It ended up with me carving the pumpkin for much of the morning while the kids watched TV. It was a near catastrophy because so little of the cat is left connected to the remaining pumpkin. Matt reinforced it later with toothpicks. We carved it yesterday, and it's already shriveled quite a bit since the photo was taken.
Lily wasn't sure about putting her hand in the pumpkin at first but quickly became an enthusiastic participant, as you can see by the motion I couldn't avoid in the 4th picture. Don't worry--the knife Lily has in the last photo is a safety knife.



















1 comment:

Nick and Lindsay said...

Yea! I finally re-found your blog and am linking it on mine. So glad to see all the fun at your house. I'm excited to see Matt this week and the whole family next month!!!