Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Camille's first day of Kindergarten

Camille started Kindergarten last Monday. She was very excited, not nervous at all. She goes to Kimberlin Academy, a gifted and talented magnet school in the Garland ISD. It's not in the most affluent part of town. Matt and I drove Camille to school on the first day. She wanted to ride the bus to school on the first day, so after lots of talking we compromised on letting her ride home from school on the bus on the first day. The school assigned her a 5th grade bus buddy who picked her up at her classroom, took her to the bus, and sat with her on the bus. That was comforting for both her and me!

On the afternoon of her first day of school I drove over from work to the end of our street and parked to wait for the bus. When her bus arrived arrived, Camille asked me why I didn't just let her walk home by herself. She actually refused to get in the car, skipping down the sidewalk to our house while I followed in the car. Since then she's been agreeable to get in the car.













Camille was excited to get into her classroom and put her supplies into her new pink supply box. She hardly looked back at us as we left her classroom.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I've been researching those three magnet schools in GISD. I heard the same thing about the part of town they're in, but heard they are great schools anyway! I'm glad Camille had a great day and got to ride the bus :)