Sunday, January 14, 2007

Camille's the Mommy

Camille tells me all the time that "Camille's the Mommy." We've had conversations lately about who is the real mom and who is the doll's mom. Camille told me last night, "I'm the mom so you have to do what I say." Um, no. Camille is acting very maternal lately. She believes that her dolls have very important feelings and needs, just like Lily. As a stalling technique she will say that her doll is hungry and needs a bottle before she goes to bed. I tell her that the doll will have to wait until breakfast just like her. Last night Camille wrapped her doll in her beloved Bear Blankie and put in the doll to bed on her shelf for the night so that the doll wouldn't get cold. You can see her sitting with the doll this morning watching TV. Tonight she had a temper tantrum that partly had to do with concern that her doll was cold and I wouldn't let her get it a blanket (when she was supposed to be taking a bath). Camille wrapped her doll snugly for the stroller walk with Nana last weekend.



A few days ago Aunt Kristine came over to give Lily a bottle. Lily is good about the bottle, and I want her to continue. Lily and Kristine were having a cooing conversation when I took this picture. Lily smiles from ear to ear and works hard at her cooing noises.

No comments: