Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Lily sitting

Lily is really doing well at sitting up this week. She'll grab toys and chew on them.

Lily cut her 2 lower front teeth 2 weeks ago and cut her 2 upper front teeth this weekend. Last night she was upset by one tooth. When I went to apply Orajel with my finger, she sure did bite me hard! I think I'll use a Q-tip next time.

Here are some Camille anecdotes I've been collecting until I had time to put them on the blog:
1. Camille called her sombrero her "submarine hat"
2. Camille's version of pat-a-cake: "...roll it and pat it and mark it with a C, and throw it it the microwave..."
3. When I pulled a regular t-shirt out of her drawer for her to wear she said, "Oh Mommy this shirt is marvelous!"
4. I constantly get reprimanded: "Shhh, my baby's sleeping." And Camille's not messing around. She really means that I need to be quiet! If it were up to her, Matt and I would have driven in silence all the way to Carthage this weekend.
5. On the way to Carthage Camille said that we wouldn't know the way because we didn't bring the "VCR." We couldn't figure out what she meant until we got her to describe it--the GPS.
6. Last night Camille set forth rules before she "read" me a story which sounded like they probably came straight from her teacher's mouth. "You have to follow my rules. Do you know what my number one rule is? `No talking!' My number two rule is `don't complain you can't see.' My number three rule is `move where you can see.'" I remember myself not being able to see the pictures at story time because other children were on their knees, etc.
7. The story Camille was making up last night included the following characters: Joey, Katelynn, Mary and the monster. (For you non-Smiths, these are the names of Matt's cousin and her children. I don't know who the monster belongs to.)

No comments: