Friday, January 22, 2010

Cake decorating

This is my first cake from cake decorating class. Considering I am a person who makes yummy but not so pretty birthday cakes, I was pleased with how it turned out.


I initially thought the clown cake was a dumb idea, but it ended up being pretty fun to make. We started learning how to make roses for next week, and I couldn't resist going ahead and putting them on my cake too. It's a hodge-podge of decoration techniques I was trying out. The clown sitting on the left is Lily. The middle clown had a long body and legs. At the class I called him Uncle Doug, but the kids now call the clown Daddy. The clown lying down on the right is Camille.






When I got home from class last week I practiced with the rest of my icing. I used Camille's finger and made a rose. She was thrilled and then ate it up!

No comments: