Friday, January 22, 2010

Smith animal news

Kady cat loves the guinea pig, or at least she loves to cuddle up next to him. Maybe she figures she'll just patiently wait until I'm not looking and the cage comes open. Kady has actually become too interested in Fudgy, even swatting at him recently. So, now when Fudge comes out, Kady has to be shut in my room.



Kady may think insulting thoughts about Fudge being a rodent, but now we just have to call Kady "potty mouth." I find her drinking from the toilet all the time now. It's her favorite place. She doesn't even touch her water bowl anymore. This is her "you're bothering me look." She hardly runs off anymore when you find her on the toilet. One night I went to use the bathroom without turning on the light and felt her swish out from under me as I sat down. We almost had one wet, squished cat! Even the kids potty seats don't deter her.










Today we had fun building an impromptu ramp for Fudge to see if he could get in and out of the cage by himself. The first try he ran right up the ramp and into his cage. The 2nd try he took a while and then finally ran home. Tonight we tried again and he was having too much fun running around, with no interest in going home. Fudge cannot get out by himself because he can't climb. Camille really wanted to build him a ramp inside, but it's really not going to work.

No comments: