Monday, September 18, 2006

Camille's new room




Camille has graduated to her new big-girl room. She's been in it a couple of weeks and hasn't even looked back to the nursery. Actually, the first night she slept in the big bed I didn't have a rail up on the window side of the bed. During the night she managed to fall down between the bed and the window. At 2am I heard her crying out for me in the baby monitor, and I went upstairs to her room. Her nightlight is bright enough that I can see around the room but I couldn't see her. After a split second of panic I saw her leg sticking up beside the bed and I quickly fished her out from behind the bed. She was disoriented and upset. I asked her if she wanted to go back to her crib for the rest of the night. She said "No, I just want to sleep in my big bed." I grabbed pillows and stuffed them around the bed. She went back to sleep easily/ The next morning I put the rail on the other side of the bed. The bed rails are no statement of beauty, but we were thankful to a former co-worker of Matt's giving them to us. They are really nice because they fold down for easier bed-making.

Camille's room request was that her room be green. Her favorite color is green. My mom shopped around and found a really great quilt and green checked sheets. She was very nice to decorate the room. She has more of a flair for that sort of thing than I do. Though the photos sort of distort the colors, the room is all pink and green. The baskets will be great for organizing her toys. Camille uses a stool to climb up on her tall bed. She loves having her name on the wall and having a magnet board on the back of her closet to display her latest work of art. She sure is growing up!--Stephanie

No comments: