Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Camille's new school

Camille started her new school last week. I think her teachers are excellent. Camille comes home with very messy and with lots of projects to show for it. She's doing lots of pre-academic activites and having a great time. She often comes home with some kind of mask or headband related to some theme of the day (like a red-eyed tree frog, for example). She is learning more school rules like no running inside. This is a much more structured and rule-oriented environment. While kids will be kids, the classroom feel under control and not so chaotic. Though the teacher said that Camille was never sad for long after I leave in the mornings, today was the first day that she didn't try to keep me from leaving. Camille just ran in and gave the teacher a big hug, and the teacher told Camille where she could sit. Camille hardly looked back at me. I was a little unsure what to do because I didn't want her to feel like I'd snuck out without saying goodbye, but I didn't want to make a big production of leaving when she seemed to be going to class so easily. I did catch her eye on my way out the door and blew her a kiss. She looked a little unsure, but I confidently walked out. I think so often kids read the face of the parent in deciding whether or not to be upset. Camille is making friends and has all good things to say about school.

Matt got a new camera so he's fooling around with the settings in these photos. The one of Camille sleeping was taken in almost complete darkness.

I'm staying busy getting projects done around here, including organization of a year and a half worth of photos into albums, and resting as needed.

I went to the OB today for a checkup. I'm just shy of 35 weeks with this pregnancy. I've been having inconsistent contractions but nothing major. The doctor said today that I'm already starting to dialate and wants to start seeing me every week. She also ordered a sonogram for tomorrow to check the baby because she's so small. This is exactly what happened with Camille at the end that pregnancy. It seemed like the baby wasn't growing, but Camille was fine--just small. These kids both have the Smith/Colvin "short/petite" genes. Matt wasn't a small baby, but that's because he was born several weeks late.

Camille goes for her 3-year check up tomorrow too. I'll be interested to see where she falls on the growth curve.--Stephanie

No comments: