Thursday, October 04, 2007

Birthday party pictures

Here are pictures from Camille's birthday party at the park with some of our church friends.

They enjoyed pitching pennies into a basket. It was funny to see 4-year-old logic. I kept trying to have them back up to make it more challenging, but they didn't see the point in making it more difficult. I finally got them to back up and one girl quickly moved the basket closer to them so they could reach it better:)

Camille picked out the big pink pinata at Walmart, and I filled it with toys and candy. Even the dads had fun beating up the pinata afterwards. There was no where to throw away the big pinata in the park. The decapitated pink unicorn corpse haunted me every time I opened the trunk of my car for a week until I finally fount time to throw it way. I didn't want to upset Camille by throwing it away in her presence. (This is the girl who cried for a half hour the other day after a tiny hair rubberband--of which we have many other identical--was irretrievably lost down the sink. She's not into throwing things away.)


Camille again requested green icing this year. When we were choosing plates we saw these adorable butterflies, and my mom thought of the idea of clipping butterfly hairclips to candles on the cupcakes for decorations. As it turned out, Camille chose Cinderella plates, but I kept the butterfly cupcake decorations because I thought it was cute. They looked even better than captured in the photos. The creamcheese icing was a little melted by dessert, but the kids obviously loved it. It was eaten first.

No comments: