Thursday, October 04, 2007

Naked Cheerios

Lily recently had an out-of-control diaper rash, which required 2 trips to the doctor. In trying to help her bottom heal, I gave her lots of time playing naked in the kitchen to air-dry. In Lily's opinion, there is nothing better than eating Cheerios when you're naked!


Lily can now hold her own bottle! Camille never could (or would). She now likes to take her morning bottle sitting in the high chair.
Another funny story:
Camille has been very serious lately about concern for the possibility of a fire in the house or tornadoes. At school they have been talking about safety. Camille has slept in my bed twice now (with Matt out of town) because of bad dreams. We were sitting at the table and she was telling me spontaneously that if there is an emergency you need to call 911. I asked her what situations you would need to call 911. She told me about severe illness and fire. I reminded her of needing the police and she agreed. She added, "If there's a bad man if your house you need to tell your mom and she will tell him to get out. (long pause) If there's a bad girl in your house, you need to tell your mom and she will tell her to get out and go to her room in her own house." I guess Camille can relate to that punishment:)

No comments: