Friday, May 16, 2008

After an insensensitive comment...

After an insensitive comment about my appearance yesterday by the lady we've dubbed "Ms. Airhead" at Camille and Lily's daycare, I suffered an adolescent tearful breakdown to match my acne breakout. Ms. Airhead is oblivious to her socially innept behaviors and isn't trying to be mean. Such a comment wouldn't have ever phased me coming from her if I weren't already dealing with post surgery emotions. Today I guess you could say I was inspired by yesterday's ordeal and was pleasantly surprised how some Clinique and a hair flat iron improved my appearance closer to my usual "Stephanie look."
Today I had my best day yet. Mom took me to Firewheel mall. We walked around and shopped a little for the girls. We even had soup for lunch at a restaurant. (It's not so easy to go out to eat or snack when you're on a puree diet.)
Here's an odd funny: Today my nose was itching, but unfortunately I couldn't get relief from my light stratching because my nose is numb! Numbness is a weird thing.
Matt and I took numerous photos trying to capture a pretty smile. It's so strange to be numb and difficult to smile. I was asking Matt to tell me what to do, but he couldn't explain. I even used a makeup compact to try to see what my smile was looking like. I'm continuing to get better, and that's a great thing.


1 comment:

jnhmom said...

Sorry for the insensitive comment. Don't let strangers get the best of you. You look great and that smile is good to see!