Thursday, May 08, 2008

Outside supper on the porch

On Sunday night after Nana and Papa left Matt ordered pizza for supper. Both my children love to be outside. The kids didn't want to come in from outside to go with Matt to go pick up the pizza. So, I promised Camille that if she and Lily would go pick up the pizza (leaving me time to rest alone) they could eat their supper outside. Camille thought that was a fantastic idea. By the time they returned with the pizza, Matt and I had forgotten about the idea of supper on the patio, but the girls did not. We don't have small outdoor table and chairs for the girls, but they'd rather run around and eat on-the-go anyway. The biggest problem was that Lily ate off both of their plates, aggrivating Camille.

Here's a photo of the girls watching Blues Clues on my lap before bed. Lily was being amazingly calm and cheesed it up for the camera. I look pretty dopey because I didn't take advantage of nap time that day. Although my face looks slimmer, I still have swelling in my lips and cheeks, not to mention numbness. This gives me no ability to smile attractively. I also discovered last night that I can't whistle at all now. I bet playing the clarinet would feel really weird now that my teeth are so different (although maybe not that much weirder than normally because I don't think I've played since Camille was born)!

No comments: