Monday, May 05, 2008

Camille and her questions

Camille asks lots of questions about my surgery and I just give her bits of factual information little by little as needed, trying to make sure she's not scared into thinking this will happen to her one day. She asked me yesterday if they used scissors to cut the end of my jaw bone. I said I didn't know because I was asleep. She responded with authority, "you should ask them." I assured her that whatever it was I'm sure it was a special hospital tool.

My brother and sister-in-law were in town this weekend for a visit and so that Sara could take 2 final exams for graduate classes she's been taking over the internet. Thursday night at my house for supper we had Doug, Sara, my mom, my dad, Matt, my Grandma Peg, my Grandpa Bill, Camille, and Lily at the dinner table. I was away resting in my recliner doped up on some narcotics and tired from the pre-meal socialization. Mom just told me that once everyone was seated at the table Camille randomly busted out with the question "So how do babies get into their mommy's tummy?" Everyone apparently thought it was hysterically funny, particularly because of the timing. Mom told me that she said "Daddy puts them there" and then immediately changed the subject. I haven't heard any more questions about it. Oh great. It's one of those things I just didn't think would come up this early.

No comments: